26 August 2012

A New Thing

I've been working on a new craft - ChainMaille jewelry! I'm brand new to this and I love it so far. I've been using cheap aluminum jump rings in different sizes and colors and just putting stuff together without really reading up on the instructions and figuring out the different weights and sizes to use to be able to complete nicer pieces. I will be concentrating on the details when I get a shipment in of nicer quality rings (should be in on Friday). But for now, I am learning the feel of working the metal and designing my own chains and looking up instructions as I go.

Here are a few:

My first necklace - with a Byzantine link:

 

Another necklace - the charms are nice on both sides making this reversable:
 
A bracelet I made and gave to my boyfriend. This one was the first time I tried the "helms" style link but I used the wrong size rings, making for a sloppy job. BUT - the BF likes it and the colors are good together.
 
Another "Helms" bracelet. This time, I was just trying to use up some of my spare rings.
 
A Halloween inspired piece which is also my "ode" to Betsy Johnson. I might add to it before Halloween this year. It's missing .... "something."
 
And here is a necklace in which I couldnt decide if I wanted color or if I wanted just black with teal rings. I call it "Techno-Goth" - for the undecided/conflicted club-going fashionista.
 
I ordered 2 packs of various sized silver plated jump rings on Ebay this morning. I know that SP can rub off but at least it is a step up in quality and looks than the aluminum above. Maybe I will make some pieces that are worthy of selling. I will take more time in putting them together and adding bits of "bling" if wanted.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment